What is a backlink and how is it useful for your website?
What is a backlink?
A backlink is created when one website links to another website. Search engines will see these links as “votes” for your site and will gain trust in your overall domain. They are an essential element to a successful SEO strategy.
Why are they important?
The amount and quality of backlinks that point to your site have a real impact on your rankings within the search engines. If lots of sites link to the same domain, search engines can gather that the content is worth linking to, and therefore, also worth showing on a SERP (Search Engine Results Page).
Not all links are worth the same amount. Some can even harm your SEO. These are usually from domains with a low authority. There are 5 things to look for when spotting a high quality backlink;
- Its coming from a high DA (Domain Authority) website.
- Domain Authority predicts how well a site will rank on SERPs. It is a score ranging between 0 and 100.
- Your target keyword is included in the anchor text.
- Anchor text is the text that actually appears in the link.
- The site linking to your site is topically relevant.
- For example, a car review website linking to the site of a new car.
- The link is NOT a “nofollow” link.
- If Google sees this “nofollow” attribute, it will not follow the link. Therefore not passing any link juice to the site.
- The link is from a domain that hasn’t linked to you before.
- If a domain links to you too many times, Google can take it as suspicious and hurt you in the SERP rankings
How can The Inter Group help?
Backlinks can be difficult and time-consuming to earn. New sites or expanding sites may find it difficult to know where to start when it comes to link building.
That’s where The Inter Group comes in with competitive backlink research: By examining the link profile of a competitor that’s already ranking well for your target keywords, we can gain insight about the link building that may have helped them. We then use this information to gain high quality backlinks which will increase your domain authority and rank you higher in SERP’s.
Get in Touch
If you think TIG can help you with a backlink strategy don’t hesitate to get in touch. We hope to hear from you soon.